Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legal advice about check fraud?

My ex fiance (who I have a 2 month old child with) is trying to pin me with a felony and I need some advice. Here is my story. Back in March when we broke up I found out that he had stolen my checkbook from me and wrote out a bunch of stolen checks, 3 of which the police have caught him on survailence videos. Well He wrote me an e-mail stating that if I didn't drop the charges he would frame me for fraud myself. Here is how he plans to do it. About a year ago, he had called me and asked me to go to the bank and cash his paycheck for him, b/c he wouldn't have time to do it before the bank closed for the day. He told me to just sign his name on the back of the check and write pay to the order of (my name). So I did, he was my fiance. Well He says he is going to contact his old employer and get a copy of the check and tell the police that I stole it from him, and try and get me with a felony. But I never stole anything from him. I am a single mom and he is not helping me out with our child at all. So I can barely afford the bills I have, but a lawyer... I have no extra cash. Does anyone know what I should do? Or if he will be able to get away with this?Legal advice about check fraud?
Don't believe he has a leg to stand on. The charge is over a year old he should have done something before now so I don't believe he has a case. Hold on to the email and let him deny or accuse all he wants.


You could take out a restraining order against him no use letting him get to close to steal from you again.


You can and should sue him for child support to help you pay the bills. Contact family services to get started.





Good luckLegal advice about check fraud?
You have nothing to worry about. No judge is going to take him seriously. Why would he be doing it after three years? Once the judge saw you were in a relaitonship and it ended and he pulled that crap on you it would be very obvious that he is just trying to scare you, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
He actually wrote all that in an e-mail? Print the e-mail and send it to the DA, so they can add extortion to his charges.
I doubt anyone will find him credible. Tell him to piss off
Print out the e-mail he sent you so you have proof he's trying to blackmail you, he won't get very far with his plan as it's a year later and if his pay cheque was stolen he would have reported it when it happened, get a restraning order and cut him out of your life...even though he's the baby's father you son would be better off with just a mum that loves him rather than a lying, blackmailing di**head of a dad and next time you have a baby with someone make sure it's someone sane and stable that will be able to give you the support you need.



He won't get away with it. Retaliatory prosecution is the oldest trick in the book and all courts recognize it. Have him prosecuted.





In the rare event he did pull this off (maybe you live in some retarded backwards two bit town, there are a few of them left in rural America), you don't need a lawyer, if you've never committed a crime the court will dismiss it on a first offender program, if they even agree to hear it to start with, and not even keep it on your record as long as you go a year with no criminal charges. Single mom's without money get state attorneys if charged with a crime, but like I said, a year later, they'll tell him he is full of krap. If his paycheck was stolen a year ago, he would have reported it then. The court will know he's lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment