Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legal advice about my employment. Company forget to give new contract after probation period....?

No letter or anything after 6 months probation period, I am carry working is that means I go automaticly to perm employment?. I am working since 2.01.08 and had 6 months probation time in contract, it past, I carry on working, they never give me any letter, is it ok?





Some of my friends they had like shorter probations like 3 monts, after that recive letter, i did not, it just worry me, its ok, and how its looks like by law, I just want know I am perm now or not?





Just dont want be sack from day to day ....





thank u for answers





Legal advice about my employment. Company forget to give new contract after probation period....?
It doesn't matter.





Once your probation period is finished, if you don't hear otherwise, it is assumed that you have completed it successfully. It is not mandatory for them to give you any kind of letter or contract stating that you've completed it.





That said, even though you are a permanent employee, you still do not have full employment rights until after you've been employed for one year, even if you have completed your probation. But no, they can't just sack you for no reason.





They only have to give you anything in writing if you didn't complete it successfully, so they would either want to extend it or terminate you.Legal advice about my employment. Company forget to give new contract after probation period....?
Do you have a copy of your first contract? (you should!) If you do, read through the contract to see what it says about when the probation period ends. If it implies that you'll be filling out another contract, then make an appointment to speak to your employer to follow through with the new contract.
Well it all depends on what kind of company you work at. Most places dont make you feel out another contract or anything like that, once your out of your probation period they cant fire you just to fire you. You should be safe.
They usually sucker people into the continuous working after the contract is up. They may have had something in fine print in the first contract where it said you will continue working without signing a new contract!
I really doubt that they really ';forgot';. They are probably trying to see how much they can get away with.



No comments:

Post a Comment