Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legal Advice?

I asked this in the Car Buying %26amp; Selling section but didn't get much help. I live in Missouri, and about 2 months ago I sold a friend of my sisters a car for $1000. They paid $500 initially and promised to pay regularly on the balance. I gave the keys but kept the title. They have yet to pay anything on the remaining balance owed. They have gotten a ticket for driving an unlicensed vehicle. I want to know how to go about repossessing the car, and if I am required to pay back the initial $500 they paid.Legal Advice?
Check with the local authorities....





...but, generally speaking, you can repossess the car and you keep the $500 they have already paid.





But if you sue for the balance and recover the full amount from them, you still have to sign over the car to them.Legal Advice?
I would go to your city's police station,and talk to an officer.They will advise you of what you should do.I myself think that a small claim court is what you should do.They defaulted on the loan,so i do not think you will have to give them any money back,they did use the car.I sure hope you had a signed agreement with them,other wise they could deny that they owe you any more money.
you would have to take them to small claims court
I believe you can take the car back by getting in it and driving it away with proper keys and plates of course. If it were me, my argument would be the car is still titled to you, they have broken not only your agreement, but the law and you can not afford to take the chance that they may do physical or property damage with a car that still legally belongs to you. In the event they protest, I also believe you will have to pay back the initial five hundred unless, there has been damage to the vehicle, excessive use, or you have incurred added cost. Go get your car before you get into trouble yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment