Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legal Advice for a Sixteen year old?

Hello, I am a sixteen year old living in the state of Tennessee. Things in my family are not going so well... I was wondering what would happen if I had a place to stay (i.e. my aunt's house) and I refused to come home. If my parents called the police what exactly would they do? I'm pretty sure they could do something since I'm under eighteen but could they charge me as a runaway or charge my aunt with kidnapping? I am really confused as I have tried to look up information on this subject but cannot find much. But some information as to why I don't feel I can live here, is for one, I am afraid of my father, he has ';anger issues'; and is actually taking medication for it now, but I couldn't tell police about him hitting me because he hasn't in a year and of course there are no bruises now, but I am still afraid of him every time he gets mad. And my mother doesn't really help much either, yes she does let me do a bit more now than she has in the past, but it's just suffocating to be around her because every time I talk to her now we get into arguments over pointless things (note she is the one to start the arguments and I try to avoid them). I am not trying to complain about anything I just want some advice, please do not say try talking to them as that does not help, I have tried in the past and it just makes things worse. But as far as the police go, as you an see I have no ';proof'; as to why I would refuse to live with my parents. So again I am wondering, what would the reprocutions of refusing to come home in the state of Tennessee be? If you have any other legal advice to this situation that is greatly appreciated as well. Thankyou for your time and I am sorry for such a long paragraph.Legal Advice for a Sixteen year old?
First of all, I would like to say that the response you have from james s is right about the F.B.I. guy ! That was a good answer. Sounds like to me you just want out. I understand ! but juvenile law will more than likely win. If you run away, your parent or guardian is responsible for your actions. Being the reason that police half to return you. If it occurs more than once and police keep returning you. Social Services must be made aware of it. If they get involved, and find that you are just an unruly juvenile. Juvenile Services will seek for a judge to give a court order for you to be placed into a correction center. I know for a fact, you don't want that ! I've seen these correction centers (Juvenile prison). On the other hand. Social Services may see that your are verbally abused and grant your Aunt custody. There's not a lot you can do. Just hang in there O.K. Find a real good friend and just talk things out. Best of Luck !Legal Advice for a Sixteen year old?
get help
Ok first off don't listen to the person who claims they're in the FBI. If they were they would know that parents don't have to wait 24 hours to report a child missing anymore. That law was lifted in every state around the same time they came up with the Amber Alert. Second, I'm not sure about the laws in Tennessee. But in NYS you would be taken back home by the police IF your parents called them. Have you tried just leaving and going to your aunt's and leaving a note for your parents to see how they would react? Not to sound cruel but it sounds like they might just let you go. However, in Tennessee you might also want to see when you're legally an adult...in NYS the age is 17, not 18. Something a lot of people get confused by. Might be the same in Tennessee.
Hey man, im sorry to hear about your hardship and stuff .. sounds like you've had a really tough time =/





all I can suggest is make sure you know where your going! I would advice if you really want to do this, you leave a letter behind or something saying that you are sorry but you cannot handle being within their grasp anymore. I feel a bit harsh on your parents giving you this advice but if you feel its right... as for what the police would say well if you leave a letter theyl know where your gonna be (if you say your gonna stay at your aunts) but if they dont know where youl be they may throw a search party or something. If you leave a letter telling them your gonna be safe then at the end of the day, their your parents and their going to worry about you!





I wish you all the best of luck with everything mate, you sound like a nice guy!





daveman
i work with the fbi im not a lawyer or anything but they could not do much about it without evidence if your parents report you the police would probably just take you home however there is a twist. you have to be gone for 24 hours for your parents to report you missing go to your property and take a picture of yourself being on the property making sure there is a date-stamp i would suggest doing this while your father is at work. at next oppourtunity call the police and tell them of the situation they must believe you as it is thier job if you have any problems or any more legal questioins cantact me by email


(mike-orman@live.com)


mike orman





for legal help


1-800-758-1172

No comments:

Post a Comment